New site!

It’s time for a change. The old look Rathergood has been with us for many years, and it’s time we had a bit of a spruce up around the place.

23 Responses to “New site!

• Ellert
    1 year ago

All the dates are wrong now.

• joelveitch
      1 year ago

ah yeah sorry about that. i’m afraid that’s unavoidable. i don’t think it’s that much of a big deal though is it?

• Rather Swag
    1 year ago

WHERE’S THE SHOP?!

• wheres the old site? much better than this wordpress nonsense

• joelveitch
      1 year ago

I’m afraid the old site had become vulnerable to hackers- it was no longer possible to keep it up on the old system. Given that it needed to be re-built on a secure platform, I’ve bunged it on to wordpress as it is so easy to keep it patched and up to date. I don’t want to end up in a situation like this again, where we have to rebuild the entire site as the old system is no longer supported.

I hope that makes sense, and sorry if you don’t like it as much – I’m sure a good few people will feel that way- but it is the only way forward I’m afraid.

• As a wordpress dev the bunging is clear 😉 fair play, hope you can style this to look like the old one though. Loved the retro 90s webpage look did well for the company

• Its rather good

• Merman
    1 year ago

So, what happens with the old php forum?

• joelveitch
      1 year ago

i’ve taken it down for now. that is a separate thing and not as vulnerable so it would be pretty easy to bring back, but i want to get the site fixed up first.

• where’s the touretteaphone and the buffy swearing keyboard? and all the funny misheard lyrics videos? i hope they will be making a return eventually, they’re a part of rathergood.com history.

• But I needed the swear-o-tron! Big dog’s c………

• Joolzy
    1 year ago

Joely please let us have our tourettaphone back

• Shouting shouty shoutness.
    I am liking the calm duck egg blue.
    But it needs more LIPS.
    Please add lips.
    Thanks in advance here’s a fiver: 5er

• I can no longer find “Blode and the Giant Bee” anywhere. This song is part of my childhood. If you would ever consider re-uploading it I would be deeply grateful.

• I strongly agree with ninjarealist! I miss Blode and the Giant bee and the Fish song too…

• Adrian Fields
    1 year ago

There are some songs/animations that I can’t find anymore. Will they be available again? Please say yes and let it be so soooon!

• Search Results for: rude hedgehogs
    Total posts found – 0

WTF?

Same for “Can I have a go on your baps”, “Cocktopede”, “Love your blubber”, the Queen’s series and other masterpieces that I have replayed so many times that they are now part of my life.
    Where are they? (Apart from Youtube).

Please also do sort out the dates – you just have to fiddle with your database a bit.

Anyway, thanks for creating the above in the first place. You are a genius.

• Please, Please, Please bring back the tourettophone!!! Wanker, Bastart, Tits, Tit!!! Hooray!

• Sarah M.
    1 year ago

Second on “Blode and the Giant Bee,” as it was an integral part of my childhood as well. All of the Blode videos really.

• I love your old things please if you can keep them. tourettophone and the blode vids are still great. when new friends of my kids come over i play these and they worry about their safety and dont camp at my house. i love this.

• joelveitch
    1 year ago

hey chaps most of these pieces are now back up at their old addresses, so you should be able to find them. A few are still not there, but hopefully I should get the last of them back up soon. Thanks for bearing with me!

• Julian
    1 year ago

You can still find Blode here: http://www.rathergood.com/giantbee/ from a Boogle search, but it really isn’t good enough. Blode is an integral part of this site and to hide him away like this is just wrong. I expect it’s all David Cameron’s fault. Or maybe Tony Blair.